Saturday, November 10, 2012

Who am I?

Here I am...

After sharing a room with my sister for many years, the excitement of moving into my own space was almost too much to handle. I remember lying on my bed with my hair hanging over the edge staring endlessly out of the ceiling to floor window. I vividly remember waking up in the middle of the night to rearrange my room. These days nothing has changed, except I now re-design my friends' rooms too.

After aspiring all throughout high school to be a physiotherapist, a last minute decision by my sister landed me in a design degree. (Thank you!) Four years later and now a qualified designer I am still staring out of the same window and still constantly re-designing my room. During my 4 year university degree I directed most of my attention towards textile and graphic design, finding great meaning from both. 
I am currently studying Interior Design while practising design across the board and loving every moment of what I do. 

The passion for my interior design work lies in taking a house and turning it into a home and establishing a space people can call their own. Consulting on projects whether it be a medical suite or the privacy of a couples bedroom brings equal reward.

You have to be comfortable enough in your space to make a mess!

My graphic design skills have progressed over the years with my strength in print design. Creating wedding invitations is a rewarding team effort. Together with the bride and groom I enjoy working to capture both their personalities and bringing together their style and the start of their new lives. 

Establishing a new business is no easy task but finding the perfect logo, slogan and all round business identity should be. I thrive on the task of creating logos, business cards and website layouts for clients ranging from edibles to IT professionals. 

In my down time you can find me with my loved ones or near the water.

When working on projects my clients notice I 'rarely talk without a smile on my face'. I enjoy what I do, and I hope you enjoy it too.

Feel free to contact me for a chat via the Facebook page
www.facebook.com/designformfunction

Our website is on its way!
You can now subscribe to the blog & receive all the posts to your email! Just enter your email address & click 'Subscribe' to the right!


Elle x

2 comments: