Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sky Parlour



This week (although it is only Wednesday) has been a big week of blogging. Perhaps I haven't updated my blog so much because I was so busy looking at so many other wonderful blogs. A new friend directed me towards Sky Parlour. At this stage they are only on Facebook, but I am eager awaiting their website! You can find them here and soon here.


Even from the link to their blog you can get a feel for their funky, forward, yet laid back design nature.
Sky Parlour is an exciting find for me. The 2 brains behind the brand are Vaishali and Karina. Sky Parlour stocks furniture and home wares that are collected and sourced from all over the globe. Their own collections are made "using recycled timber and all products are hand made & hand painted with love. Their hand made & painted recycled timber range includes; coffee table with steel shelving rods, white storage chair, panelled artworks with laser cut type and symbols, as well as their favourite piece ‘gran’s stool’ where each of the three styles are unique in character! Their homewares range includes ceramic vases, crochet cushion covers, crochet blankets and coasters with typographic quotes and ikat patterns inspired from their background in textile design. The girls also love revamping vintage furniture to give the old world pieces a new life! There are also framed graphic illustrations all designed by the girls themselves."


This image is my favourite I have seen so far. I have always lusted over the combination of opposites. Harsh and course hessian combined with the smooth texture of leather. Even combining the two smells together is strange- but so wonderful. These were found on the Sky Parlour facebook page- I am not sure if they were made by them or not but I cannot wait to give them a go!
I am creating quite an artistic 'To Do List' for myself.
1. Copper copper and more copper lights and vases
2. Hessian and leather cushions
3. Who knows! Open to suggestions

There are lots more wonderful things hiding on their facebook page... go and have a look! I cannot wait to see what else they come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment