Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My very own fabrics!

I have been designing fabrics since 2009, my second year at university and have used a process to transfer prints onto fabric by hand. Although this process does provide you with your print on a material it is very time consuming and not always never perfect. I began searching in Sydney for a company that was willing to print my designs on small rolls of fabric, without the large price tag - of course, no where was willing to do so.
Finally, I stumbled across a company in the US who is able to print onto almost any type of fabric for a very reasonable price, at any fabric amount!
Four weeks after placing my order, no only are my fabrics are now sitting in my hot little hands, they are also listed on the web for sale and can be made into any product possible. Let's think lamp shades, cushions, chair covers, bed spreads, curtains, book covers... the possibilities are literally endless.

 Below are images of the test swatches I had printed of 6 very basic prints.
I focused my attention towards basic designs as I was apprehensive about the printing process. However, now that I can see how fantastic the results are I cannot wait to display some of my more complex and interesting designs.

Please spread the word about the prints, show the pictures to anyone that may be interested in designs of any sorts. Feedback and requests are always welcome! Don't hesitate to send me an email at ellenjoannepollak@gmail.com

Watch this space for more exciting moments from Design, Form, Function in the coming days and a new Facebook group to make posting my blogs and inspirational images easier!

Big steps, it's time to start believing!
 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment